JAMIE Glasgow returned to Beechwood Park on Friday, September 29, with a simple message: "I'm back".

The announcement of the forward's signing was confirmed on Auchinleck Talbot's social media on the eve of their match against Irvine Meadow this weekend - playfully mimicking the press release used by Michael Jordan when he returned to the NBA in 1995.

While Glasgow's return to Talbot from East Ayrshire rivals Darvel, after little over a year, may not be to that scale - his impact on Saturday was certainly impressive.

The forward came straight into the Auchinleck starting line-up as they faced Irvine Meadow at Beechwood Park on Saturday, September 30.

After a poor start to the season, Talbot went into the game in last place in the West of Scotland Football League (WoSFL) Premier Division.

An own goal in the opening minute, followed up a minute later by a strike from the returning Glasgow, helped Tommy Sloan's men to a 2-0 win and all three points.

The result consigned their opponents to last position in the table and lifted Talbot to 14th - still in the relegation zone but now only four points from the top half of a tightly packed division only nine games into the season.

It was a result that left assistant manager Allan McLuckie delighted as he spoke to the club's social media after the game.

“It’s as good a start as we’ve ever had," he said, "obviously a bit fortunate with the first goal but it was very positive from the start.

“Then Jamie Glasgow, back in on his first start, scored the second goal to put us 2-0 up within the first five minutes.

“We pretty much dominated the first half, could have had another couple of goals. Unfortunately the goalie’s had a good couple of saves and we’ve missed a couple but we were delighted with the first half performance.”

The second half turned into a much more mundane affair particularly after the away side were reduced to ten men when Martin Findlay saw red.

Though McLuckie was more than happy with that after watching his side surrender the same lead at home to Arthurlie at the beggining of the month.

He continued: “The message to the boys was, a fortnight ago we were here, it’s 2-0, we need to go out and keep the same momentum as what we had and just keep doing what we were doing.

“The sending off in the second half kind of killed the game a wee bit, they didn’t want to come out, at that point we were just saying to the guys to keep the ball.

“We don’t need to score another one, we don’t need to open up.

“The game was pretty much dead after that point, there was no attacking effort from them, they were sitting in, it was just keep ball for us to be honest.”

The assistant boss was full of praise for the returning Glasgow, who came back into the squad alongside a few long-term injur absentees.

It's something he said has been a major boost ahead of a huge Scottish Junior Cup tie against rivals, and current holders, Cumnock at Townhead Park this coming weekend.

McLuckie added: “You seen today, the guys got a wee lift from Jamie coming in, Craig (McCracken)’s come back in – we’ve got more depth to the squad there.

“Everybody’s fighting for their place which makes everyone that wee bit hungrier and the effort goes up.

“We’re ready to go for next week.”