Ayr got back to winning ways with a professional performance away to Alloa on Sunday.

Ayr's breakthrough came on 21mins when Crawford found some space in the middle of the park and played a defence splitting pass for the onrushing Robertson, who drove into the box before squaring an inch perfect pass for Paterson to touch and fire home for a very well worked goal.

Ayr took control of the game from then, and two minutes later tireless work from Paterson who was harassing the Alloa defence, resulted in the ball breaking to Moore to slot home for number two.

The second half was much the same with Alloa getting their fair share of possession, but at no time were they able to breach a strong Ayr back line Ayr had chances to extend their lead, the best of which was a Paterson shot well saved by the Alloa keeper, however Robertson put the game beyond doubt when he headed home an inch perfect McClelland free kick The coaches commented afterwards "A decent performance and very good result, satisfying in the way the lads picked themselves up from last week and worked tirelessly to get back on winning ways. The lads have set themselves high standards and are doing well to maintain them, we expect a lot from them. The emphasis is on the finer details of the game, which they need to continually work on to improve their development.

The under 17s also travelled to Alloa on Sunday to take on a very strong Alloa team at a very sunny Recreation Park. This was by far going to be one of the toughest matches of the season and to get it so early in the season was indeed a daunting task for the players, however after a hard fought 90 minutes, Ayr emerged with a clean sheet and all three points thanks to a spirited effort by the whole team.

The game started with Ayr playing some good football and after six minutes Ayr opened the scoring with a great move from back to front when keeper James Kinniburgh fielded the ball out to Jack McClymont who turned and passed wide to Andrew Muir. His first time pass was collected brilliantly by Deci Milligan who then side stepped in and out past three players before firing the ball past the keeper and into the roof of the net.

Ayr were in control for the majority of the first half and on 40 minutes a short corner from Lee Lockhart was returned to him brilliantly by Muir with Lockhart clipping the ball into the front post which saw Aitken rise above and knock the ball over the advancing keeper at the front post, leaving centre half Dean Marshall to head the ball into a empty net.

Before the half was out, midfield maestro Lockhart, made another 2 telling crosses into the box which were unlucky not to be converted into more goals.

Alloa came out the second half and certainly took the game to Ayr dominating for about 20-25 minutes with Ayr being put under real pressure but the AUFA side can take great heart out of the fact that they blocked Alloa at every avenue with Ayr's keeper Kinniburgh rarely being called into action.

It wasn’t until the 80th minute before there was any more goals, and it was a great ball over the defence from McClymont which saw Aitken run clear and then slip the ball under the keeper to make it 3-0 and round of a great days work.

Manager Allan Paul heaped praise on the players saying "The whole Ayr team must be applauded for their effort as it was a very hard working display but also their use of the ball was the best so far this season. Combine this with the hard work they put in and today they got the rewards. The defence were resolute, the midfield worked tirelessly and the two strikers worked very well as a unit with both getting the rewards of a goal." The 16s were at home against Clyde with Ayr's Adam Fraser stealing the show with a four goal haul in this game. However it was a very good all round team performance from the players on Sunday with Mark Shankland adding another as Ayr dominated this game.

Coach Jamie McCulloch said afterwards “This was a very mature and accomplished performance from all the players again today as they go from strength to strength. The players are playing with confidence and it is showing in their performances of late." Ayr United 15's were the third AUFA side to be taking on Alloa Athletic on Sunday. Ayr started the game well with early chances falling to Anderson and Nisbet but both failed to trouble the Alloa keeper.

Against the run of play Alloa got into the match when they took the lead midway through the opening period with a well taken header at the back post. Ayr responded well to going a goal behind and could have been back on level terms within minutes but Ahern put his 20 yard shot inches past the post.

Ayr continued to miss chance after chance with Nisbet, Anderson and full back Campbell all missing glorious chances. The hard work paid off though when substitute Sean Ewart, who was only on the field a matter of minutes took a first time left foot shot at goal from 25 yards and his effort looped in over the goalie and in at the far post.

The third period was a more even affair with Ayr continuing to press with Alloa looking a threat on the counter-attack. Ayr had further chances through Anderson and Vance who were causing the Alloa defence all sorts of problems. More chance's came Ayr's way from Fillipi who just couldn't find a way past the excellent Alloa keeper.

Ayr's misses were to haunt them as Alloa took the lead against the run of play when their striker took a first time volley from 25 yards out firing it high past Hart leaving him no chance with just four minutes remaining but this young Ayr side just don’t know when they're beat and with two minutes left, they got back on level terms when Wardrope found Anderson through on goal who calmly slipped the ball underneath the onrushing keeper to deservedly level the scores.

Ayr coach Jamie McCrae said " The boys played some really good football today. To create so many good scoring chances and only convert 2 of them is a little disappointing but on another day they'll create less and score more. It was good to see Liam Anderson score who continued his good start to the season plus there where solid defensive performances by Sean Vance and Matt Howie." Ayr's 14s were also hosting Clyde and took the lead on 22 mins with Sean Mackenzie showing great composure and individual skill to beat a defender and round the Clyde keeper to finish superbly. However in the second period Clyde dominated and soon scored to equalize and before long added another two goals. Ayr created a few more chances but failed to make any of them count in the final third and will hopefully learn from this match to move on as their next challenge comes next week away to Stranraer. The manager was pleased with individual performances from Robbie Mitchell, Sean Mackenzie, Ryan Wilson and Lewis Nielson due to their efforts and overall performance.