A blaze took hold at Auchinleck Indoor Bowling Club this week, sparking a response from fire crews.

Services were called to the bowling club, situated on Well Road, on the evening of Monday, September 13, and extinguished a rubbish fire which had started at the side of the building.

Thankfully, there were no reported injuries following the incident.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “We were alerted at 8.50pm on Monday, September 13 to reports of a fire in the open at Auchinleck Indoor Bowling Club, Well Road, Auchinleck.

“Operations Control mobilised one appliance to the scene and firefighters extinguished a rubbish fire at the side of the building.

“Crews left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe and there were no reported casualties.”