Auchinleck Talbot manager Tommy Sloan applauded his side’s second half revival as they came from 2-0 down to beat Cumnock 3-2.

The hosts opened the scoring at Townhead Park in the opening minutes of the first half via a corner.

Adam Martin’s ball in from the left found the head of Greg Ferry to glance in from close distance.

Nock then doubled their lead later into the half via the penalty spot, after the referee penalised Jamie Glasgow for a handball in the box.

Finlay Frye stepped up to the spot, sending Andy Leishman the wrong way, and slotting the ball into the bottom left hand corner.

Speaking to the Chronicle, Sloan said: “They scored a good goal from a set play that we did not need to give away, it was unnecessary.

“The referee has given a penalty, which I cannot see it myself, I did not think it was a penalty.

“But it went against us and I was not too happy about that one.”

The Bot began their comeback after the break, with Keir Samson grabbing a goal back with a diving header from close quarters after being unmarked in the box.

The referee then pointed to the spot again, but this time it was for the away side, as he ruled Dwayne Hyslop had been fouled in the area.

Substitute Mark Shankland then levelled from the penalty, with a powerful strike into the bottom left corner. A dramatic winner from another substitute, Bryan Boylan, tapping in a low cross at the back post, meant the Bot’s undefeated run in the league continues.

Sloan says he was thrilled with his side’s second half performance as a rallying half time talk spurred them onto victory.

He added: “There is always a lot of doom and gloom in the changing room when we are getting beaten.

“You have got try and pick them up. I said to them get a goal and you are right back in it.

“That is the way it turned out, we got three goals in 10 minutes, which was probably beyond what we expected.

“It was a great period we had, we were very clinical during it...and we looked a much better side in the second half.”