TRIBUTES were paid last week to a young lad who tragically lost his life after drowning in Loch Doon.

Brandon Patton, 18, was out swimming with pals on a hot day near Dalmellington before he disappeared underwater sparking a frantic search.

The teen from near Patna was found the next day, leaving his friends and family devastated.

Brandon’s gran Trisha Patton shared the heartbreaking news on her Facebook in which she described her grandson as the “kindest mostloving generous young man”.

She said: “We as a family, as you can imagine are heartbroken. Brandon was a son, grandson, brother, nephew, great grandson and friend to so many, we are still trying to process everything that’s happened these last couple of days.

“We feel so blessed to have had him in our lives, kindest funniest, most loving generous young man with his whole life ahead of him, and made me the proudest Gran in the world.

“Taken from us far too soon, but he will never be forgotten. Fly high darling, Til we meet again.”

In the day following his tragic death a close friend of Brandon organsied a go fund me page to raise money for his distraught family.

As hundreds of tributes were voiced, the pages target of 500 was smashed with the total hitting 3,370 as of this week.

Local shops and business sent messages of support a long with donations. Premierstore in Bellsbank said on the funding page: “All staff at Premier Store Bellsbank would like to send our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Brandon. A young life taken far too soon.”

Police confirmed this week that Brandon got into “difficulty” swimming in the water at Loch Doon Dam.

Despite a multi-agency operation taking place to find the teen, his body was recovered from the water the next day.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “Around 6.45pm on Thursday May 16, a report was made to officers that an 18 year-old man had gotten into difficulty while swimming in the water at Loch Doon Dam, Dalmellington.

A multiagency operation took place to search for the man and at around 3.10pm on Friday May 17, the body of the man was recovered from the water. A post mortem examination will take place in due course, however the death is not being treated as suspicious.”