FIREFIGHTERS in Cumnock responded to reports of a kitchen fire in a property on Holmburn Road on Friday afternoon.

Nobody was injured during the incident which saw a chip pan catch fire at around 3.40pm on September 21.

A spokesperson for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters from Cumnock attended a chip pan on fire within the kitchen of a property in Holmburn Road, Cumnock on September 21 at 3.37pm.

“The fire was extinguished by firefighters who entered the property wearing breathing apparatus and used a high pressure hose reel jet. No one was injured at the incident.”