REPRESENTATIVES from every bowling club in East Ayrshire attended a special event in Cumnock.

Along with deputy provost Claire Leitch and councillors Jim McMahon and Jacqui Todd, they celebrated the 150th anniversary of Cumnock Bowling Club.

Unfortunately, neighbours Glaisnock Valley had already arranged their own opening day event but they sent their good wishes.

The club have been based at their current home in Car Road for their entire history, opening with one green initially before expanding and adding a bar in 1952.

Congratulations from everyone at the Cumnock Chronicle to the club on their special season.