ONE person was injured in a house fire in Patna on Friday night.

A woman was taken to Ayr Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after fire crews were called to a flat on Houldsworth View shortly before 8.30pm.

A spokesperson for the Scottish Fire and Rescue service said: “Firefighters from Dalmellington attended a fire within a flat at Houldsworth View, Patna on April 27. On arrival, the crews found a fire within the flat caused by candles.

“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using a high pressure hose reel jet extinguished the fire and one female casualty was taken to Ayr hospital suffering from slight smoke inhalation.”