A week after going out of the West of Scotland Cup despite a most impressive performance it was deja vu for the Rovers as they turned in yet another excellent performance only to go out to crack junior outfit, Carnoustie Panmure.

Carnoustie arrived fresh from beating the reigning East Super League champions Bonnyrigg Rose just the previous Saturday but it is difficult to imagine that Bonnyrigg gave them a stiffer test than the Rovers.

Kello were most impressive throughout against a team effectively two tiers above them and the visitors were rattled for much of the game.

The Rovers had the edge for much of the first half and on 35 minutes Fleming chased down a ball that others may have given up on and he was rewarded when Robbie the Carnoustie goal keeper was sent off for taking Fleming out.

The Rovers were well on top at this stage and deservedly went ahead on 40 minutes when Hill drove low into the net after Bennie’s long throw had caused panic in the visitors’ defence.

Immediately after this Kello missed a gilt edged chance to double their lead.

In the second half Carnoustie lifted their efforts in a desperate attempt to stop this game slipping away from them but it was the Rovers who again missed two further excellent chances to kill the game.

And, they paid for these misses when on 75 minutes a Carnoustie corner resulted in mayhem in the Rovers six yard box before Cook managed to prod home the equaliser to the very obvious relief of the visitors because they had not looked like scoring.

Five minutes later and Panmure where in front; substitute Simpson, who had replaced Urquhart at the break, lost his marker and crossed for Macdonald to stab the ball home.

Thereafter Kello pressed hard looking for an equaliser but Carnoustie survived some scares to secure a place in the next round.

There is little doubt that Kello should have won this game as they had more than enough chances to do so.

However, there are so many positives for Kello to take from this game and if they can replicate the form they displayed against Blantyre and against Carnoustie in their own league then they will undoubtedly start to edge towards the top of the table.

All of the Rovers players put in a sterling performance but perhaps a special mention is in order for defenders Shaw, Weir and Bennie and for Miller up front who was sensational and whose withdrawal midway through the second half through injury may well have ultimately cost Kello the tie.

Sadly, midfield playmaker, Graeme Ramage, suffered a fractured collar bone during the match and will be out for a considerable time but everyone at Nithside Park; officials, players and supporters alike wish Graeme a good recovery and look forward to seeing him back at Nithside Park to continue his excellent work.

It is back to league business this Saturday for Kello with a visit from Lugar Boswell Thistle and it is hoped that the big crowd for the Scottish Cup tie will be back to enjoy some league football.

KELLO: Gordon, Bennie, Weir, Shaw, Anderson, Pagan, Paterson, Hill, Ramage, Fleming, Miller. SUBS: Costello, Quinn, Hampson, Dunsmuir.