Budget consultation kicks off
Alistair Neil • Published 9 Nov 2011 12:00
EAST Ayrshire Council has today (Wednesday) launched its budget consultation for 2012/13.
From now until Thursday, December 8 local communities, businesses and residents have an opportunity to express their views on our draft budget proposals and make suggestions on where further savings could possibly be made.
Among the savings identified in the consultation are:
• a reduction of five posts, one vacancy and one temporary post form the council's Libraries, Registration and Information Services to save £158,630;
• savings of £44,692 through the reduction in staff costs due to the joint Headship at Bellsbank Primary and nursery and Family Centre, with the deletion of Head of family centre post;
• cuts in funding to Women's Aid and ALLIES to save £63,470;
• a saving of £16,950 by getting rid of the central swimming instructor post at Auchinleck Academy, with swimming at the school being supported by existing PE staff;
• a saving of £700,000 by a 're-profiling' of budgets for elderly residential and home care.
For the full story see this week's paper.