UFO Above Rankinston

Published: 15 Jul 2009 16:456 comments

MYSTERIOUS UFOs hovering over Cumnock and Doon Valley have returned.

And a Rankinston man is now a believer in the unknown after his close encounter at around 11.50pm on Tuesday July 7.

Gary Smith, 19, spotted the strange lights near his home in Coyle Crescent after he logged off his computer and went for a smoke before he went to bed.

He is convinced the sighting was that of a UFO and has already researched the possibilities.

DID YOU SEE THE STRANGE LIGHT?

Email the Chronicle at editorial@cfpress.co.uk

MORE ON THIS STORY IN THIS WEEK'S CHRONICLE

Jump to first paragraph.

Comments

Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.

Prefer not to register?
Usernames must be 6 - 15 characters. Registration only takes a few minutes. Registered users can also take part in competitions and other features of the site.

• Rob Whitehead
    Unregistered User
    Jul 16, 15:42

Don't tell me, they were orange, silent and faded after a few minutes. Lanterns.

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0

• Linn Garibaldi
    Unregistered User
    Jul 16, 18:47

This is the first time I have ever mentioned this outside of a couple of close friends. Two years ago on three separate occasions I also saw the orange light ufo. I say ufo for lack of a better word because I never saw the source of the light. The first time was very close, within thirty feet of where I was watching that night. I never saw or heard anything but suddenly this orange light came on about twenty feet above me and about thirty feet away. It happened very quickly and lasted only about three seconds. The orange light was of a color of orange I have never seen here on earth. The light did not illuminate anything around it. It came on and shown half way to the ground and then disappeared very quickly and quietly. Within the next couple of months I saw the same orange light again on two other occasions. If there is any interest in this contact me and I will explain what happened on those occasions. Thank you.

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0

• This comment has been removed by our moderation team because it didn't meet our community guidelines.

• Gaz
    Unregistered User
    Jul 17, 03:19

Went for a smoke? Of what?

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0

• skywatcherscotland
    Unregistered User
    Jul 17, 10:16

Thank you for posting was this ufo like this one.

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0

• Shaido
    Unregistered User
    Aug 3, 16:30

Not every orange light is a lantern. I saw a UFO that was identical to this, fly horizontally, stop for 20 minutes, change shape, size and colour and then fly back the way it came.

There were 9 witnesses there at the time.

A week later I saw the exact same thing but flying over down a major highway and then when it hit the intersection, just fly up and up until it dissapeared.

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0

• chrisd
    Unregistered User
    Aug 5, 09:40

what really annoys me is people that mail in to attempt a poor stab in the dark to debunk other people's sighting's.

the sighting is a ufo and therefore without a trained eye on the sky, it cannot be assumed to be lantern.

it allways amazes me that you cannot assume it's out of this world, but even though you were not there - it's got to be a lantern based on the fact it's orange and it dissappears -

reality is until the scoffers see for themselves it's allways a lantern - stupid beyond belief!!!

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 0